Archives Advisory Council
The Archives Advisory Council is governed by PART V of the National
Archives Act No. 22 of 1999.
The objectives of the Advisory Council consist of the following:-
- To advise the Minister on any matter related to the
acquisition, administration, conservation and exploitation of public
- To advise the Minister on any other matter related to public
archives referred to it by the Minister.
According to the Act, the Council should meet at least once every three
months. The members of the Advisory Council are:
- A Chairman, who shall be a qualified Archivist to be appointed
by the Minister;
- A Secretary, who shall be the Director of the National
- A representative of the National Library;
- A representative of the University of Mauritius;
- A representative of the Mahatma Gandhi Institute;
- A representative of the Mauritius Institute of Education; and
- A historian appointed by the Minister.