The National Archives not only preserves historical materials but also makes them available for consultation. Easy access and reference services are provided to the users. Anyone with a research interest has access to the National Archives collections.
The National Archives Department provides the following services:
- Advise and give orientation in the field of research to users;
- Issue on demand, ordinary or authenticated copies of documents for private, educational, legal and other purposes;
- Perform research work in our archives for local people and foreigners who are unable to attend the National Archives;
- Perform official research works in our archives for ministries, governmental agencies and parastatal bodies;
- Provide online access to our digital collections.